In January 1995 the Australian Attorney General revoked all appointments of wedding officers at Australian international missions. Therefore officers that are consular not any longer marry Australians.
Australians may now marry according that is overseas the legislation associated with nation where the wedding occurs. Under Indonesian legislation, this implies marriage with a minister of faith and a civil registrar.
It is important to bring to your Consulate that is australian in:
- Copy of Decree genuine if divorced
- Copy of Death Certificate of previous spouse if relevant
- Copy of Documentary proof of any modification of name (eg, former wedding certificate/deed poll)
- Delivery certificates are usually needed by the Indonesian authorities and it’s also suggested which you bring these to you
- Fee: A$110 (payable in Rupiah just)